1. Use of intelligence machine
One of the latest and new SEO trends are Google RankBrain. RankBrain is an innovative machine-learning artificial intelligence (AI) algorithm that assists in processing search results. It constantly learns how to best serve visitors with the most relevant, authoritative, and trustworthy results available. In other words, you should only be focusing on publishing truly unique content. Your content should align with your target audience and ensured that your website is similarly outstanding to navigate as well as distributing this content heavily, rather than attempting to use, such as isolated black hat tactics. As the SEO on Google is evolving at an incredible speed than ever before, thus, your strategy must change to accommodate progressively smart with the machine intelligence that seeks for integrity.
- Research content topics thoroughly and cater for users’ pain points.
- Apply semantic keyword strategies.
- Produce thought-leading content.
- Distribute your content heavily across all mediums.
- Ensure your website is easy to navigate.
2. Use of accelerated mobile pages (AMP)
Have you ever noticed that when you surf some website through your mobile, the website pages or posts load very slow? As more people using their mobile to devices for search, Google exposed that the mobile speed and usability are primary indexing metrics.
AMP has become one of the SEO trends in 2017. It was created by Google to assist the mobile pages in loading quicker and performing better. It also gives a better experience to the user by outfoxing ad blockers. Since AMP not yet become one of the ranking factors, but, it makes sense to implement for some of the reasons mentioned above.
So, what are you waiting for? Take this huge opportunity to jump ahead of your competitors by being the early adopter.
3. Rich snippets occupying Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs)
SERPs are a part of SEO trends in 2017. For your information, SERPs are filled with the knowledge graph and rich snippets that consist of attractive content that includes an image, reviews stars, bullet points, and accordion-style elements, just to name a few, which can be clicked and expanded right on the spot on the Google itself.
You can obtain these results by using Structured Data Markup also known as Schema or Microdata. Schema assists the Google in providing relevant search queries by understanding the deeper meaning and context of your content. Many studies had been done which concluded that the implementation of Schema for Rich Snippets result in the solid increase in Click-Through Rate (CTR). Thus, you should mark up your site as much as possible and keep an eye on your developments which also include new definitions.
4. Apply voice search algorithm
Do you know that voice recognition software such as Siri, Cortana, Google Voice and Amazon Echo are becoming highly sophisticated these days? As a matter a fact, the error rate of the speech recognition has dropped ever since the rise of the usage of voice search, especially among millennials. So, Google will show the results based more on the user intent rather than the face-value of words that are typed into the search bar if you pair up this function with RankBrain.
So, how can you make good use of this trend?
- Prioritize long-tail keywords (as people are more likely to speak a lengthy search question than type one).
- Use Structured Data to provide additional context.
- Create FAQs that answer who, what, when, where, and why questions.
- Apply video as part of your SEO strategy.
- Research conversational queries using Google’s related searches and the suggestions in its auto-suggest feature.
- Listen on social media and actually take the time to interact with your customers to learn what they are actively searching for.
5. Consider applying HTTPS
Trust is very vital online. Thus, you should consider your website to include many good visual or illustration indications that will encourage the feeling of security. This is because people like that feeling when visiting the new site.
Just so you know, HTTPS authenticates the visited website and protect the privacy as well as integrate the exchanged data. In the early of 2017, the world’s most popular web browser (e.g. Google Chrome) labeled the non-HTTPs sites that transmit passwords and/or ask for credit card details as “Not Secure”. So, Google recognizes and gives prioritize to websites that apply HTTPS.
- Plan your site-wide redirect thoroughly from HTTP to HTTPS as it is a very complex process with many pitfalls.
- Apply Google’s UTM tracking for marketing campaigns and consequently accurate incoming referral data.
- Use the meta referrer tag in the HTML of your site to maintain outgoing referral data.
6. Articles with relevant and important points
We are tired reading 2,000 words of fluff, thus, in this busy and informational age, we want our articles to be well organized and get to the main point. So, you should take advantage of this trend by editing your articles ruthlessly and cut the fat from your articles. Always assumed that Google’s tendency to rank speedy pages so don’t be afraid to trim a 3,000-word post to 2,000 or less and remove excessive images or fancy elements as long as it makes sense to do so.
7. Stand out using personal branding
“Before anybody is going to buy from you or your company, they’ve got to ‘buy’ the idea that you’re somebody worth working with. In other words, just like a job candidate, your first task is always selling yourself.” -Geoffrey James
Personal branding which is a part of SEO trends is an absolutely vital practice to stand out among the companies in the same industry. It highlights a real person as the face of your company. Therefore, personal branding is a powerful tool and instrumental in securing guest post, brand mentions, links, webinars, podcasts, partnerships and of course, customers.
Solution: Appoint either your CEO or your employees that willing to become long-standing faces of your corporation and beginning pushing themselves hard continuously through blog posts, social media and elsewhere. Eventually, these people will build many industry relationships and dedicate their time to create a strong presence where they are seen to be a thought-leader. As a result, your brand becomes popular and sought-after once they do so.
Interested in SEO ranking? You might as well check this out.